If someone you love has been killed because of the recklessness of another, the wrongful death lawyers at the Advocates Law can help you!
The state of Montana identifies a wrongful death as when “the death of one person [is] cause by the wrongful act or neglect of another.” This definition means that if someone was killed as the result of another’s imprudence, surviving people might take legal action. Wrongful deaths are usually sudden and startling. When this misfortune happens, it can leave people feeling understandably enraged, bereaved, and sorrowful. Those persons who were dependent upon the decedent may be placed in problematic circumstances. Choosing to enlist the right personal injury attorney can be a crucial step in this process. The wrongful death lawyers at the Advocates Law are an exceptional resource. An Advocate can help break down this process for you. Your Advocate can sympathize with you while aggressively pursuing your case. At the Advocates Law, the client is one the foremost focuses. The Advocates Law is a personal injury firm serving the entire state of Montana with offices in Billings, Lewistown, and Missoula. If you cannot meet with us, we will meet with you. Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with an Advocate today. Complete the form on this page, and an attorney will contact you soon.
An Advocate Can Simplify This Process!
A wrongful death case can be a challenging process. Your Advocate will be able to direct you through it. Understanding there is someone to support you can be comforting.
Many clients have chosen the Advocates to represent them because:
- PEOPLE FIRST. When you have been affected by a wrongful death, the mental anguish for survivors can be a challenge. At the Advocates, we treat our clients respectfully and sensitively.
- STRAIGHT TALK. A wrongful death suit can be a complicated process. Sometimes it’s hard to know what’s going on. Your Advocate can walk you through it and help you understand.
- EVERYONE WINS. You win when you receive a fair settlement and are treated right. We win when we effectively help a client during a challenging time in their life.
Do You Qualify to Take Legal Action?
Whether or not you qualify to take legal action when someone has suffered a wrongful death is an important question. This question is best answered in a FREE CONSULTATION by a personal injury attorney. Your Advocate will be able to assess the specifics of your case and determine if you are entitled to take legal action. Generally speaking, Montana’s wrongful death statute designates that a “personal representative of the decedent” may file a claim. People who fit this designation may be:
- A Spouse. A husband, wife, or domestic partner may be entitled to file a wrongful death suit.
- Children. If a parent was the victim of a wrongful death, a child could qualify.
- Parents. If the decedent was under the age of 18, legal action could be taken by the child’s parents or legal guardian.
- Siblings. If a brother or sister is designated as the personal representative of the decedent’s estate, they might qualify to file suit.
As mentioned above, the best way to verify that you qualify is meeting with a lawyer.
You Deserve an Outstanding Representative. You Deserve an Advocate!