Meet the Advocates: Josh Hotchkiss
Josh has been helping people for much of his life. Before working for the Advocates Law, Josh worked for ten years as a police officer in Colorado. Serving as the Sergeant Detective for the Criminal Investigations Bureau, Josh supervised other detectives and oversaw felony criminal cases. During his time with the city of Arvada, Josh also helped with the Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT) and the Jefferson County Regional SWAT Team.
Before serving the community as a police officer, Josh played professional football. He played middle linebacker, as well as special teams. In 2002, Josh won the Rookie Camp Top Condition award winner.In his spare time, Josh enjoys spending time with his family. He is a husband and father of two children. Josh is also an avid outdoors man.
- BA in Sociology – Western State University of Colorado 2001
- MS in Criminology – Regis University 2012
- JD – University of Montana 2016
- Professional Football 2002-2003
- Police officer – Avon Colorado 2004
- Police officer – Arvada Colorado 2004 – 2014i. Patrol
ii. SWAT Officer
iii. Detective Sergeant
- 2017 Montana State Court and Montana Federal Court
- Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- b. State Bar of Montana